– cushioned mat placed under a zafu.
– a rectangular cloth used by monks and priests while performing prostrations to avoid vestments from touching the ground.
– seated meditation.
– intensive practice period, usually lasting most of a day or two.
– meditation; awakening as life itself.
– a Japanese sect of Mahayana Buddhism that aims at enlightenment by direct experience using seated meditation as its primary practice.
– room used for practicing zazen, and more commonly for providing Zen Liturgical services and other ceremonies for practitioners.